Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 is for 3OH!3


3OH!3 is a band from Boulder, Colorado. They named themselves after their area code, 303, which covers Boulder and Denver. They have two members, Sean Foreman and Nathaniel Motte, and have been together since 2004, after they met at the university of Colorado.

They have had many hits, including Don' Trust Me, Starrstruk (There is one version with Katy Perry and one without her) and my personal favorite, Follow Me Down (With someone named Neon Hitch). They have also worked with many other artists, including; Ke$ha, Lady GaGa, and Cobra Starship.

Their first album to register on the top 200 list in the US was their second album, Want. I love this album because of its up-beat tempo and different sound. I mean, there's not many other groups that have a singer and more of a rapper together. The only other one that I know of is Alexisonfire which is more of a rock band and there rapper is more of the screamo type. This is one of the many reasons I like this band because they sort of begun a whole new genre of music.

The cover of their album, Want, has a picture of two forefingers and two thumbs touching eachother. This is their trademark, and was reffered to in their song, Holler 'til You Pass Out. This is another reason I really like them because of their creativness.
I think that this is a really awesome kind of music that these two men have created and I think they should be more popular than they already are. I hope that if you haven't already tried this kind of music, you should try it soon.
Life Lesson; Different is almost always good.
PS; When I said screamo earlier to describe Alexisonfire's sceamer/rapper it means a kind of a mix of singer between rock music (like say, Illscarlet), emo (Fall Out Boy), metal, and alternative rock (Green Day). It was popular in the 1990's and went out of style until the mid 2000's. The most famous screamo band was The Used.

No comments:

Post a Comment